WE ARE HIRING!
Have you been interested in working in the wedding industry, or want to get experience in the design world? Currently we are looking to on board a Production Assistant or two! Please read the description below for qualifications and responsibilities. If this position is not the best fit for you, stay tuned, because we will be on boarding more soon, including a Day of Execution Assistant as well as an Executive Assistant!
We strive to create exceptional designs and impeccable craftsmanship. We always put our couples first, and we want every piece we design to reflect who our couples are. For this position you will be expected to have a creative/artistic background/knowledge. You will be assisting the owner in many different projects, from stationery to signage as well as day-of stationery for weddings & events. This job is very much hands on, and particularly fast paced. Production may include, assembling/stuffing/stamping invitation suites, cross referencing details for stationery, prepping final projects to be shipped, running/maintaining in-house print jobs, helping assist in assembly of signage, etc.
• The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, organized and a meticulous team player who can bring their attention to detail and problem-solving skills to our deadline driven environment
• Experience with Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Experience with Excel/Numbers & Word/Pages.
• Strong time management and organizational skills - attention to detail is critical
• Flexible Schedule
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to output requests quickly and in a timely manner
• A passion for creating effective and consistent design projects
• Knowledge of printing and production experience is a plus
• Knowledge of the wedding industry is a plus.
• Experience with printers and basic troubleshooting
• A strong sense of personal project management and balancing workload to meet expected deadlines
• Eager to learn, have a positive attitude, are receptive to feedback
• Must be located in the Fairfield County area of Connecticut and have reliable transportation
• Schedule: Part-time, around 10 hours per week. (hours/days may vary)
• In this role, you will be supporting Jenna, the owner of Phillips Designs, by assisting with the production/assembly process of various projects, which will include stationery, signage, day-of stationery and other business product projects.
• Modifying design files and inputting text and images into existing templates based on specifications given.
• Understand best printing practices, ability to prep files, run/maintain in-house printing jobs
• Prepare projects to be delivered or shipped to clients.
• Assist in stationery production, such as tying ribbons, assembling invitation suite, stuff/stamp, cut, etc.
• Maintain inventory and order supplies for office and projects as needed.